Thursday, February 19, 2009

Avery's 2nd AHL Game & Other News

Here’s a little reporting by Bruce Berlet of the Hartford Wolf Pack website regarding Sean Avery’s second game in the AHL, in which Hartford played Bridgeport last night:

Avery said he felt better than in his Wolf Pack debut Saturday night.

“As far as battles go and getting hits, it was better on the lungs than in the first game, so I’m happy about that,” said Avery, who had two shots and was on the ice for the only goal. “They were coming at me from the start of the game, and I was a little quiet, which takes a little away from my game. Then I started to give back a little of what I was getting, which makes me play better.

“I’m targeted, but I know I did it eight years ago. They’re all trying to get to the next level, so they wouldn’t be doing their job if they didn’t go after me. I’m not too happy about the loss, but I feel better for sure.”

Sounds like the ‘old’ Sean is already back – good to hear!



In other news:

  • The NHL today announced that the Detroit Red Wings, St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks and Florida Panthers will open the 2009-2010 NHL regular season in Europe. The Blackhawks and Panthers will play home-and-home games Friday, Oct. 2, and Saturday, Oct. 3, in Helsinki, Finland, at Hartwall Areena. On those same dates, the Red Wings and Blues will play a home-and-home series at Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden.

  • Lots of rumors coming out of Montreal that Alexei Kovalev will be traded by Bob Gainey before the trade deadline. Kovalev who didn’t travel with the team last night to Washington and will not be in the lineup against the Penguins was told by Gainey to stay away from the team for a few days.

No comments: