Friday, February 20, 2009

Top 30 Goalies in the NHL

Well The Hockey News has ranked their top 30 goalies for the current NHL season. Thanks to Andrew's Dallas Stars blog for the article & the image that I am putting up down below with THN's rankings. What do you think? Personally I have no problem with the top 5, but I think that Mike Smith deserves to be in the top 15. I'm not a Tampa fan but the guy was phenomenal up until he got injured, keeping the Lightning in games that they had no business being in. Turco has been good the past 6 weeks or so, but based on the entire season, I would have no problem ranking Smith higher than Turco (you know the guy that sucked for the 1st two months of the season but somehow Sean Avery was the be-all-end-all of Dallas' problems!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see that Fleury is low on the list. He makes good saves but he's not that great.

Puck Central said...

With a ring now on his finger, I bet he skyrockets in the rankings for the next THN list

Anonymous said...

WOW.... Martin Brodeur? What planet are we on? How can HE be ignored?
Something I missed?