Thursday, June 18, 2009

2009 NHL Awards - My Predictions



The annual NHL Awards ceremony takes place tonight in Las Vegas and will be televised on Versus (in the U.S.) and CBC (in Canada) starting at 7:30pm ET.

Here are my predictions for some of the awards up for grabs tonight.

Hart Memorial Trophy (NHL MVP)
Nominees: Pavel Datsyuk, Evgeni Malkin, Alex Ovechkin

My Selection: Alexander Ovechkin




Vezina Trophy (NHL's Top Goaltender)
Nominees: Niklas Backstrom, Steve Mason, Tim Thomas

My Selection: Tim Thomas




James Norris Memorial Trophy (NHL's Best Defenseman)
Nominees: Zdeno Chara, Mike Green, Niklas Lidstrom

My Selection: Mike Green




Calder Memorial Trophy (NHL's Best Rookie)
Nominees: Steve Mason, Bobby Ryan, Kris Versteeg

My Selection: Steve Mason




Jack Adams Trophy (NHL's Best Coach)
Nominees: Claude Julien, Todd McLellan, Andy Murray

My Selection: Claude Julien




Lady Byng Trophy (NHL's Most Gentlemanly Player)
Nominees: Pavel Datsyuk, Zach Parise, Martin St. Louis

My Selection: Zach Parise



Selke Trophy (NHL's Best Defensive Forward)
Nominees: Mike Richards, Ryan Kesler, Pavel Datsyuk

My Selection: Pavel Datsyuk




For other blogger predictions check out [Link]


If you don't have access to a TV while the Award show is on, you can always check out the NHL Awards Blog which is being updated after each award is presented. [Link]

1 comment:

Puck Central said...

Glad Chara won the Norris, I assumed that Green's offensive stats would've gotten him the votes. If I had a vote Chara would've gotten it, but I still thought Green would've won the 'popular' vote.

Also, Datsyuk was the likely choice for the Lady Byng but I thought that since he'd be getting the Selke there was a shot someone else would've won the Lady Byng, that's why I went w/ Parise.