Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rangers Sign Donald Brashear

My first question is WHY?

You have a 27-year old Colton Orr, the best young enforcer in the NHL, who is a top three fighter, you let him walk and you go out and sign Donald Brashear who is at the end of his career. Brashear is still one of the best in the business, if not the best, but he's got maybe one season left in him. I just don't understand this one at all!

Update: This gets worse, not only did they sign Brashear, but these idiots in the Rangers front office are paying Brashear MORE! money than Orr. Brashear according to TSN has signed a 2-year deal worth $1.4M per year. Seriously, what the hell are they doing?

1 comment:

Puck Central said...

Hey, don't get me wrong, it's better than the direction I thought they were going (enfrocerless) but I don't get why they would downgrade IMO for more money