Rangers 3 - Detroit 4
- Rangers are now 0-2-1 in the preseason - no big deal, especially considering that half the lineup won't be the same on opening night and Henrik Lundqvist has yet to play a full game.
- The plan is for Marian Gaborik to make his Rangers debut tonight against the Boston Bruins
- Artem Anisimov who didn't play very well in the first preseason game had a very good game against Detroit. He had a beautiful goal in the first period, ripping a wrist shot past Osgood. [Video] Then, caused the turnover in the second period that directly lead to Enver Lisin's goal.
- The Brashear/Boyle/Voros line was a very good line last night, keeping the puck in the Red Wings' zone for long periods of time. That could be a good fourth line for the Rangers if they continue to play that well. Each player has size and plays with grit.
- The rumors are that the Rangers plan on signing at least one more veteran defenseman before the start of the regular season. Don't be surprised if Alexei Semenov who is a tryout at camp gets signed to a one year deal. Although he's not flashy, he's been solid so far in the two games that he has played.
- Enver Lisin is another player having a good camp and the one thing that I really like about him (besides his speed) is that he likes to shoot the puck. It seems like anytime he has a chance he puts the puck on net - never a bad thing.