- Steve Valiquette, who shut out the Ducks in his season debut last Monday night, will start tonight against the Sharks.
- No confirmation yet but it's expected that Evegeni Nabokov will be between the pipes for the Sharks
- According to Larry Brooks:
With tonight's Garden match against San Jose the Rangers' ninth of the year and thus the final game that Michael Del Zotto can play before this season kicks in against his Entry Level contract, The Post has learned that the 19-year-old defenseman will be moving.
No, not back to the OHL — Hello? — but out of the hotel in which he has been staying and into a more permanent place of residence, for Rangers management has given that green light to Del Zotto and to fellow rookies Matt Gilroy and as well as to Brian Boyle.
- An article about Michael Del Zotto in today's Bergen Record
- The Rangers top line of Dubinsky, Prospal and Gaborik are tied for the league lead (19 points) for points for a line. Guess who they are tied with? If you answered Joe Thornton, Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi then you are correct.
- Judging by yesterday's practice lines, Sean Avery will start the game on the second line (where he finished Saturday night against the Leafs) with Drury and Callahan. That means that Chris Higgins will be on the third line with Anisimov and Kotalik.
- As usual Scotty Hockey does an excellent analysis of what to expect out of the Sharks.