- According to Steve Zipay (Newsday) the Rangers have suspended Tyler Arnason. Arnason who was signed as a UFA this summer by the Rangers has been in Hartford. According to Zipay the reason for the suspension and the length of the suspension are yet to be announced. Zipay says that the WolfPack have called up Chris Chappell from Charlotte
According to Laurie of Beyond the Blueshirts the reason for the suspension is because Arnason has signed a professional contract to play in Europe.
- As posted before, Curtis Glencross has been suspended for 3 games by the NHL for his hit on Saturday night that left Chris Drury with a concussion.
- It's still uncertain how long Drury will be out but John Tortorella wouldn't rule out Drury from playing against the Thrashers at the Garden on Thursday night
- Brian Leetch will be inducted into the National Hockey League Hall of Fame tonight. There's a good write up in The Record about tonight's induction:
Leetch will be inducted into the Hall of Fame in Toronto tonight along with Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello, ex-Ranger Luc Robitaille, Brett Hull and Steve Yzerman, while ex-Rangers television analyst John Davidson, now the Blues’ president, will receive the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award for outstanding contributions as a hockey broadcaster.
- Brandon Dubinsky who broke his hand while blocking a shot in Calgary on Saturday night has a cast on his hand. No official confirmation as to how long Dubinsky will be out but it's said that he'll be out at least three weeks and it could be as long as two months.