- The Rangers recalled P.A. Parenteau from Hartford and sent Dane Byers back down. [Newsday]
- Larry Brooks says it's time to make another call up. He says it's time to sit Michal Rozsival and bring up Bobby Sanguinetti.
- Crazy stats: Last night Prospal played 27:52 and Gaborik played 26:02 - those are ridiculously high minutes for forwards. It seemed like in the third period Gaborik and Prospal never left the ice.
- Not sure if this was visible on TV last night, but I was at the game and several times throughout the game Eric Boulton was going after the Rangers after the whistle and pushing them. The first time it was definitely Gaborik, the second time I believe it was Prospal. If opposing teams are going to start that stuff with the Rangers better players, then not only should Brashear be going after Boulton, he needs to be in Kovalchuk's face to send a message.
- Rangers fans (including myself) are starting to wonder what's going on with Sean Avery. He has been a shell of his former self. I can count on one hand how many times this season Avery was a factor for the Rangers and probably on a couple of fingers how many times he has played the agitating style that hockey fans have become accustomed to seeing Avery play. Last night for the second time in the last couple of games he was one-on-one with the opposing team's goalie and fanned on the shot.
Avery is not effective unless he's playing on the edge. If he goes over it every so often then that's something that the Rangers have to live with. But, this mellowed out Sean Avery is starting to irritate me more than the "in your face" Avery agitates Marty Brodeur.
- Next game - in Ottawa on Saturday for an afternoon (2pm) game