- The Flyers are trying to get the number one goalie that they have been missing for years. Apparently the Flyers and Sharks have a deal that allows the Flyers to attempt to sign Nabokov before July 1st. If the Flyers can get him signed before the start of free agency they will send a 7th round pick next season [Link]
- The Rangers traded Bobby Sanguinetti to the Carolina Hurricanes for a 2010 6th round pick and 2011 2nd round pick. There was a lot of hype surrounding Sanguinetti when the Rangers drafted him in the first round in 2006, mainly because he was a local kid (from Trenton, NJ) and grew up as a Rangers fan. Some of those who the Rangers looked over when picking Sanguinetti -- Claude Giroux, Semyon Varlamov, Milan Lucic, Patrik Berglund and Nick Foligno. To put things in persepctive, that's the same year the Rangers drafted Artem Anisimov in the 2nd round with the 54th overall pick.
- Negotiations between the Rangers and RFA Marc Staal aren't going as well as the Rangers would like. No word on the numbers but when asked if there was a wide gap between the two sides, Glen Sather responded “I wouldn’t say it’s a wide gap, it’s more like a chasm.” [Link]
For those of you who don't know what the heck a chasm is, here's the link to the definition from dictionary.com. There's a good chance you still have no idea what the hell it is. Bottom line, it doesn't look like they're signing a deal within the next few days.
- It's rumored that Marc Savard has dropped his no movement clause and would accept a deal to the Leafs or Ottawa. [Link]
- Draft Recap -- Round 1 & Rounds 2-7
- In case you missed it, the Islanders added Kevin Connolly (better known as "E" from Entourage) to their front office this weekend. [Link]