Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting Ready For Your Fantasy Hockey Pool

It's that time of year again! Every year fantasy sports get more and more popular and this year, fantasy hockey will be no different. Personally I have never really relied on a fantasy hockey pool magazine for choosing my fantasy hockey team. But, there are plenty of different sources of information out there including DobberHockey. It's run by Darryl Dobbs who is the fantasy hockey contributor over at Puck Daddy.

Darryl sent me over the 2010-11 Fantasy Guide so that I could have a look. It's a monstrosity of a file of hockey information. It comes as a .PDF that is 95 pages! The Guide, which is more like a freakin' encyclopedia, contains team by team analysis, predictions, "under-the-radar goalies," players to stay away from, the rookies to keep your eye on and the guys to pick if your league uses PIMs.

Besides The Guide DobberHockey also has an Excel file available with predictions of the Top 500 point scorers for this season. That could be another very valuable tool, especially if you don't know much about a certain division, conference or even team.

Check it all out over at DobberHockey.com

This was not a paid advertisement for those who are skeptical of my endorsement. I requested that Darryl Dobbs send me over a copy of The Guide so that I could review it. After seeing it, I'm definitely using this for the Yahoo leagues that I'm involved in. If anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask me and I'll help you out if I can or I'll steer you to someone over at DobberHockey that can.

Use your own knowledge along with this guide as a supplement and you should be one step ahead of the other people in your league -- unless they also are using it :)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Use the comments link below...let your voice be heard!

No comments: