Sunday, October 31, 2010

Is MZA Heading Back To Sweden?

Update (Monday 8:15 AM ET):  

Puck Central reader Henrik has sent over a new link with more on the story from the Swedish website that was involved in starting the rumor yesterday. Henrik translated a quote from MZA:
I’m not ready to give up. I’ll work my butt off, this is a chance that I’ll maybe never get again.
Thanks to Henrik for the article and translated quote.

-----------------------------
Update: According to Jesse Spector of the Daily News "Confirmed there is no truth to the Swedish newspaper report that Mats Zuccarello is leaving NYR and the Hartford Wolf Pack."
------------------------- 

There are rumors circulating around Mats Zuccarello Aasen this morning after a recent article that appeared on a Norweigan website

I found this story via the HFBoards where there is some discussion on the issue including some posters who are translating pieces of the article. If the translations are accurate then it doesn't sound like MZA is too happy right now. However, as we know from past rumors, translating articles and quotes aren't always accurate and sometimes even changing the meaning of one word can cause a sentence to take a completly different meaning.

The one thing I did find strange, which I wasn't aware of is that MZA is playing on the Hartford fourth line? I thought I had read that he was on one of their top two lines. Putting him on the fourth line isn't exactly the best way to hone his craft to play in the NHL in my opinion.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Agree or Disagree with what was said? Use the comments link below...let your voice be heard!

No comments: