Saturday, May 14, 2011

Terrible News: Derek Boogaard Found Dead In Apartment

I was absolutely floored this morning when I picked up a newspaper at my local Dunkin Donuts and saw the headline in the sports section that I had to read twice to believe. The headline was "Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard found dead in his apartment." It literally gave me goose bumps.

I'm completely at a loss for words and don't know how to describe how I feel. Obviously I didn't know Derek Boogaard personally but from what I've read by all accounts he was a great guy and fun to be around. I've read these things for years, these are not just the casual comments that people make after a moment of tragedy like this.

Boogaard is someone that I've watched a lot of video clips of over the years, because as a hockey fight fan, he had some thrilling fights. But, right now you have to think about this out of the context of hockey. Unfortunately a son, brother and friend was lost yesterday. My deepest sympathies to anyone who knew Derek on a personal level, especially his family.

RIP Boogey Man!

More reading

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Agree or Disagree with what was said? Use the comments link below...let your voice be heard!

No comments: