Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nassau Residents, Get Your Butt Out And Vote Yes August 1st!

I know that I'm going to get some abuse for posting this on a Rangers-centric blog. But, as a diehard New York Rangers fan I want to see the Rangers-Islanders rivalry continue for many more years. The most exciting games of the NHL season are the rivalry games, the inter-division games, the games that have real history to them. Have you ever been to a Rangers vs. Islanders game at MSG or at the Colisseum? If you have then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Islanders lose as much as the next guy. But I want to watch them lose on Long Island, not in Kansas City or some other North American city.

So what's the vote on? Read all about it on the Islanders' website, there's a ton of information about the referendum that I am urging all Nassau County residents to vote "yes" on. And if you want to know where you can vote, click here.  Or, if you need an absentee ballot, go here. You're basically voting whether a new arena should be built in Nassau County. Without a new arena there is a good chance that the Islanders will be forced to relocate.

If for no other reason, get behind the Islanders on this because Adam Graves, Brian Leetch, Rod Gilbert and Brian Boyle say so!

By the way, Potvin Sucks!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Agree or Disagree with what was said? Use the comments link below...let your voice be heard!

No comments: